The Daily Doodle: Pumpkin Bread adapted from the Ocean Beach People's Organic Foods Co-Op News.
1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup agave, maple syrup or a mixture of both
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Gluten-Free Pancake Mix -or- 1 1/2 cups flour plus 1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped, optional
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1/2 cup chocolate chips. optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour or line with paper loaf pan, cupcake pan or other.
3. In a large bowl mix eggs, oil, water and sweetener.
4. In another bowl sift together Pamela's or flour and soda, salt, and spice.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients until incorporated, gently fold in nuts/raisins/chocochips.
6. Bake a loaf about 50 minutes, muffins around 20 minutes: until a toothpick comes out clean.
This is a mildly sweet bread to get the month started. Subtle enough to be enjoyed with soup or salad.