November 7, 2011

Chia pet drank my birthday Kombucha


The Daily Doodle: A 'birthday' greeting card is in the works along with a 'bridal' card, featured in yesterday's post. To  be mass produced I hope. The yoga deck girls will also make their debut on paper soon. Meanwhile, I have rekindled my love for Kombucha. We are so into the Chia Kombucha at the Krischenbaums' that the elixir is purchased by the case! The man behind me in the co-op check-out line gave me the down-low: chia seeds do not need to be ground, but simply swallowed in order to be absorbed by the body. He mixes chia seeds into his almond milk with a little agave and soaks it over night for a tapioca-like pudding. This is certainly next on my list to try. It also makes me think of this drink as a healthy version of the ever-so-fun boba teas popular in Asia. Chock full of omega-3s, fiber, and protein as well as calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin and zinc, why not give chia seeds a whirl?! 


No comments: