July 23, 2011

home, the abiding place of the affections & special green tea


I'm back home to hubby after a little euro-vacation with the family. 

How is your summer going? The above two sketches filled some lay-over time in JFK; they are both inspired by photos from magazines. 

Once a year I get the great opportunity to reset my buttons in low-key, slow and sumptuous France. Hopefully the next posts will reflect my refreshed mentality. 

Switch-up the caffein this summer. Matcha 'Python' Green Tea Cappucino. 

Although not a French acquired habit, I was happy to come home to this Cali-inspired drink. For a Matcha Green Tea Latte or Cappuccino steam up 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder and 4-8 ounces almond milk in a frother, with a whisk, or simply shaken and sweeten to taste. I take it plain. I hear it is also amazing when poured over ice. 

With matcha green tea the whole leaf is ingested, rather than just the steeped water of bagged teas. Researchers from the University of Colorado found that the concentration of the antioxidant EGCG available from drinking matcha is up to 137 times greater than the amount of EGCG available from other commercially available green teas.  The caffein in matcha tea is released like food -- slowly throughout the day. It is said to boost metabolism and help reduce cholesterol levels when drunk regularly.

I buy my matcha at Teavana. 



No comments: