November 13, 2023

It’s everything


I will write that down.

Agenda - ‘matters of practice’ ‘things to be done’

Credenda - ‘matters of faith’ ‘things to be believed’

THE MOM BOOK. My agenda is my everything. There were a few consecutive mornings I was in a whirlwind and neglected THE BOOK. What happened? I confused pizza day, ‘handwork’ was left behind, husband was likely blamed, frazzle mania, a few extra trips to school… 

Goldie’s friend was at our home looking for a special pen she brought, we didn’t find it before her departure so I said “not to worry it will turn up, I’ll write it in my book”, to which Goldie proclaimed “if it’s in her book it always gets done!” When we found the pen I put it in Goldie’s backpack AND wrote down in the book that I had done so to remind Goldie in the AM to return it. I kid you not! It seems insane, right? But writing things down lifts them off of your brain so you can focus on the present moment, the task at hand. The past/future minutiae is otherwise debilitating. Write it down - consider it done. It is extremely satisfying to dot one’s i’s and cross ones t’s. 

- Ongoing grocery lists are on a separate portable notepad.

- Completed items are always fully crossed out!

- I love highlighters

- Pen vs Pencil depends on the season, but stick to one or the other.

- This book is SACRED and OFF LIMITS to anyone but you. They can 👀, but they can’t touch !

- Mostly business, not so much a diary. But certainly keep a separate journal as well. 
 

No comments: