November 15, 2023

Know no bounds

Shapeless, limitless light. 

At a recent introduction to Compassionate Communication (also known as NVC, Nonviolent Communication), questions kept arising regarding boundaries. Each time the speaker politely tried to steer us clear of drawing lines explaining that compassion arises when border delineations dissolve. The questioners would have none of it “surely I MUST have LIMITS as to how much I’m willing to take…” The speaker listened compassionately.

Chatter around boundaries entered my field in the following days and I so enjoyed being equipped with this fresh take on the topic. NO BOUNDARIES ! It also reminded me of my dear Yoga School - Kripalu Yoga - where our fantastic teacher said the best way to describe Kripalu Yoga, and therefore the essence of teaching we would impart thereafter, was COMPASSIONATE.  

No comments: