July 28, 2010

small house rules



Luckily smaller portions, smaller cars, and now smaller homes are attracting a lot of attention lately. A sane allocation of dynamic perfection versus an unmanageable expanse of mediocrity proves that downsizing can be exhilarating.


We can also thank the Swedish for:
IKEA
H&M
Swedish Fish
Ace of Base, ABBA, Roxette
Eating dinner on the earlier side


Build your own tiny house with the help of designer Jay Shafer who has through the love of his personal project, perfected the craft.
My houses have been composed with meticulous attention to light, warmth, energy efficiency, and proportion. I have made the most of each cozy interior by minimizing transitional areas like hallways and stairwells and by using otherwise unusable space as storage. The simple, formal designs that have resulted are the best way I have found to order most any space and make it beautiful.

My houses have met all of my domestic needs without demanding much in return. The simple, slower lifestyle my homes have afforded is a luxury for which I am continually grateful. --Jay Shafe

No comments: