Garudasana ~ Eagle
Garuda: King of the Birds, Devourer
The animal diety Garuda is said to be born with a great hatred for evil and roams about the universe devouring the bad. Use Garudasana to feel strength in balance and to expel negativity.
Astrid Kirschenbaum in Maui wearing ener~chi tie-dye pants, also shown on doodle.
Dinner Tonight –– Fresh from the Farmer's Market! Try buttery, nutty, creamy Fava Beans.
Fava Bean Soup
2 cups Fava Beans (about 2 lbs in shell.)
1 cup chopped White Onion
2 1/2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
1. Remove beans from pods.
2. Blanch beans in boiling water for 2 minutes.
3. Saute the onions in olive oil, season with salt.
4. Stir in chicken stock, bring to a simmer.
5. Add fava beans, simmer until tender.
6. Add parmesan.
8. Season with lemon juice and pepper.
Hana Highway, Maui