Mini Morning-After Cranberry Sauce Muffins
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup whole grain flour ~I used cornmeal, almost used graham cracker crumbs.
2/3 cup oats
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash of salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup milk or milk-substitute
1/4 cup oil ~I had orange infused. mmm.
1 egg or egg substitute ~Please buy pastured eggs from a trusty small farm!
1 cup cranberry sauce
1) Preheat oven to 400F and grease mini-muffin tin. Or any size.
2) Mix dry ingredients down to salt.
3) Mix sugar and remaining ingredients.
4) Combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated, no over-mixing.
5) divide into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
6) Bake about 12 minutes for minis, 20 minutes for regular, until just browning and springs back to touch.
I have literally been sustaining myself on a left-over pumpkin pie I was so generously sent home with last thursday night, so this is a nice change of pace. And, I'm running out of pie. I made these today for the first time and really enjoyed their versatility. They were great with a little carrot ginger soup. And what better way to use a whole cup of left-over cranberry sauce, if not more. Multiply as necessary! This recipe, gathered from www.seriouseats.com, was concocted by chef Michael Harr, of Butterfield 9, for those of us who have run out of stuffing to slather the scarlet red sauce on.