March 10, 2010

Functional Immortality

Uttanasana, standing forward fold, stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips, strengthens the knees and quadriceps, relieves stress, stimulates the liver and kidneys, improves digestion, increases blood flow to the head, and, most importantly, puts your perspective upside-down.

Live as though you have all the time in the world

~Make your bed every morning

~Don’t skip breakfast

~Arrive everywhere fifteen minutes early

Bringing order to your outer life brings order to your inner life. Address the simple things that clutter your awareness first, and then tackle the deeper psychological issues.

(and read Reinventing the body, Resurrecting the Soul: How to Create a New Self by Deepak Chopra)

1 comment:

Charlotte Gillett Barnes said...

I do this yoga pose everytime I blow dry my hair!!! Great stretch that releases lots of tension in my muscles plus after the pose I have dry hair :-)