March 29, 2010

I do


Feeling unable to make a break in a certain direction I decided to turn to the pros and here are some words of wisdom that are driving me to move forth.

Each indecision brings its own delays and days are lost lamenting over lost days... What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has magic, power, and genius in it.

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Indecisiveness is debilitating, and from what I have noticed habit-forming. It’s contagious; it’s downright, dangerous! Lately, I am trying to decide the when/where, which eventually leads to the what/who of my wedding.

I dream- of a large field, a big tent, people barefoot, glowing string lights, long tables, basically the most glamorous picnic you ever saw, with pink flowers everywhere. All I really need is the where and the when.

Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.

-Tony Robbins

I have been told by many a former bride these words of wisdom (not in so many words.)

Please all, and you will please none.

-Aesop

The most important thing is always to know: What do I want?

William James went so far as to say:

There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision.

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.

-Kahlil Gibran

(Kahlil Gibran is a genius, if you have not yet read his work, do so.)

No comments: